Skiing

Flying down the mountain with snow flying in my face and my heart pounding. I can see the end of the run right ahead and make one last sprint to the finish. At last, I come to a stop at the bottom of the mountain with a big smile on my face.

“Let’s do it again!” I shout. “Ok fine but just this last time,” my dad says. So we head up the ski lift again and again, gliding down new, undiscovered slopes. Even when I wipeout I laugh at myself. Everything about skiing seems to be a blast. An exhilarating rush goes through the body and I am able to forget about everything else and just have fun.

Whether I’m with my dad, my brother or my friends—skiing is one of the best things in the world. I especially like weaving through trees and getting some air on bumps and hills. It’s like a little obstacle course on skis and snow.

Nothing beats skiing with a nice cup of hot chocolate afterwards!

Options
Photo Credit: Zach Dischner via Compfight

3 thoughts on “Skiing”

1. Excellent paragraphing and development in this, Grayson. Your love of skiing comes through in your energetic, expressive voice and in the vivid images you choose to include.

I enjoy reading your writing!

2. I love skiing too!. During last winter break my family and I went to Angel Fire, New Mexico to go skiing. I loved it!

3. I liked your writing a lot G. You just make me even more excited for when I go skiing this spring break! I really liked when you said that you laughed at yourself when you fall. It’s the same thing I do!